Status: Hourly, Full-time and Part-time
Company: CFP (Consolidated Fruit Packers) Ltd.
Location: Osoyoos Packing Facilities
Reporting to: Receiving Supervisor
At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce, CFP, Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
CFP’s Osoyoos packing facilities receive fruit (including cherries, stone fruit, pears, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sort it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Safe and efficient produce receiving and staging, as well as keeping the production line fed are important parts of ensuring the quality of produce for our customers.
Job Context and Accountabilities
• Safe and responsible operation of propane and electric forklifts inside and outside of the facilities to:
• Perform daily basic maintenance on propane and electric forklifts.
• Ensure pre-shift forklift equipment checklists are completed.
• Accurate maintenance of shipping and receiving information, using software programs to log fruit bins and pallets into and out of the facility.
• Safe operation of the bin hydro-cooler and accurate use of temperature recorders to ensure quality specifications are maintained.
• Report any quality, maintenance, and safety issues to Manager or Supervisor.
• Completion of other responsibilities as assigned.
• Attention to Detail
• Quality Orientation
• Safety Awareness
• Communication (verbal, written, listening)
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn in-house software programs (including Sky and Aurora)
• Minimum valid B.C. Class 5 driver’s licence or out-of-province equivalent
• Forklift certification is an asset
• First Aid training is an asset
• Previous agriculture and/or packing facility experience is an asset
Work is conducted indoors and outdoors at a fruit processing plant environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. This position may be required to work on weekends. Positions are seasonal, with limited days off and extended hours as necessary through peak months (i.e. June through October).
• Frequent sitting, walking, and climbing on and off of forklift
• Occasional standing
• Ability to quickly grasp, manipulate, and move levers, foot pedals, and steering wheel knobs
• Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying of up to 25 kilograms (50 pounds)
How to apply
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.