Company: Star Produce
Location: Calgary, AB
Reporting to: Director of Packaging
At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce, CFP, Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
Provide support for all aspects of the Star Group’s packaging operations pertaining to sourcing, purchasing and maintaining packaging inventories.
Job Context and Accountabilities
- Monitor and maintain packaging inventories to ensure sufficient quantities are on hand and/or on order to support packaging operations and sales forecasts.
- Issue and monitor purchase orders as required to ensure all packaging requirements are fulfilled in the time frame required.
- Maintain and/or build strong relationships with existing packaging suppliers and assist in sourcing new suppliers when required.
- Maintain open and honest lines of communication with all involved in the packaging, marketing, and sales departments.
- When requested, facilitate or participate in packaging process improvement initiatives which may include physically counting and organizing packaging.
- Completion of other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum High School diploma and relevant post-secondary education preferred.
- Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of post-secondary education.
- Relevant purchasing and/or inventory control experience.
- Team player
- Detail orientated
- Strong communicator
- Honest and ethical
- Must be able to travel
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of ERP software
- Purchasing knowledge/experience
- Inventory control knowledge/experience
- Basic math skills
- Administrative office work
- Occasional travel required, but it may be frequent at times. Travel will mainly be within Canada, but potentially other countries.
- Occasional hands on inventory counts at different warehouses and production facilities.
- Hours may be irregular and in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week.
- Work outside ordinary office hours (including weekends and holidays) may be required.
- Environmental working conditions will change based on the locations you are assigned to work due to the weather conditions in that geographic area.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to apply
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.