Status: Hourly, Full-time
Company: CFP (Consolidated Fruit Packers) Ltd.
Location: Osoyoos Packing Facilities
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce, CFP, Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
CFP’s Osoyoos packing facilities receive fruit (including cherries, stone fruit, pears, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sort it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Supporting supervisors and managers by ensuring tasks are completed in a safe and timely manner are important parts of ensuring the quality of produce for our customers.
Job Context and Accountabilities
• Improve productivity and efficiency by:
• Ensure fruit is packed to required quality specifications and food safety standards by:
• Maintain a healthy and safe work environment by:
• If possible, assist members of the management team in communicating with employees for whom English is a second language, including translating in meetings and communicating shift schedules
• Participate in inventory counts
• Report any maintenance and safety issues to Production Supervisor
• Completion of other responsibilities as assigned
• Attention to Detail
• Quality Orientation
• Safety Awareness
• Communication (verbal, written, listening)
• Ability to learn MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and in-house software programs (including Sky and Aurora)
• Supervisory and training skills are assets
• Knowledge of a second language is an asset
• First Aid training is an asset
• Previous agriculture and/or packing facility experience is an asset
Work is conducted indoors and outdoors at a fruit processing plant environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. This position required to work on weekends. Positions are seasonal, with limited days off and extended hours as necessary through peak months (i.e. June through October).
• Prolonged periods of standing
• Ability to quickly grasp, manipulate, move, and assemble objects
• Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 25 kilograms (50 pounds)
• Frequent walking, including climbing stairs
• Occasional handling and use of cleaning tools
How to apply
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.