Status: Hourly, Full-time and Part-time
Company: CFP (Consolidated Fruit Packers) Ltd.
Location: Osoyoos Packing Facilities
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce, CFP, Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
CFP’s Osoyoos packing facilities receive fruit (including cherries, stone fruit, pears, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sort it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Quality production line work, including making boxes, sorting, and packing fruit is vital in ensuring the quality of produce for our customer.
Job Context and Accountabilities
• Examine fruit by hand and/or with machines, according to size, colour, and grade, to ensure quality specifications are met
• Remove defective fruit, report quality and/or maintenance issues to Production Lead or Production Supervisor, and place it in specified area(s)
• Examine containers to ensure packaging specifications are met
• Measure, weigh, and/or count fruit and place it into packaging container, by hand and/or using machines such as spouts and/or chutes
• Assemble packaging containers by hand and line containers with paper, cardboard, prepared padding, trays, and/or separators
• Report quality, maintenance, and safety issues to Manager or Supervisor
• Maintain a clean work environment, during and at the end of the shift, using brooms, mops, cleaning wipes
• Completion of other responsibilities as assigned.
• Attention to Detail
• Quality Orientation
• Safety Awareness
• Communication (verbal, written, listening)
• Recognize differences or similarities in products
• Basic mathematical skills
• First Aid training is an asset
• Previous agriculture and/or packing facility experience is an asset
Work is mainly conducted indoors in a fruit processing plant environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. Positions are seasonal, with limited days off and extended hours as necessary through peak months (i.e. June through October).
• Prolonged periods of standing
• Ability to quickly grasp, manipulate, move, and assemble objects
• Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 25 kilograms (50 pounds)
• Frequent walking
• Occasional handling and use of cleaning tools
How to apply
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.