At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce, CFP, Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
We currently have an opportunity for one full-time Production Supervisor in our Osoyoos facility with Consolidated Fruit Packers (CFP) Ltd. CFP is a leader in the Canadian fresh fruit industry with over 60 years combined experience. CFP supplies blueberries year round from all parts of the world and is a leader in the Okanagan Valley for apples, soft fruit and sweet cherries. CFP offers a competitive compensation package.
CFP’s Osoyoos packing facility receives fruit (including cherries, peaches, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sorts it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Safe and seamless production flow is an important aspect of ensuring the quality of produce for our customers.
Job Context and Accountabilities
- Identify, communicate, troubleshoot and/or escalate production issues to appropriate parties (Packing House Manager, Receiving Supervisor, Shipping, Sales, and/or Logistics) for resolution
- Ensure compliance with customer specifications and standards regarding packaging and quality
- Forecast packaging inventory and other supply requirements, including communicating any requirements, variances, and/or deficiencies in supplies to appropriate parties
- Contribute to continuous improvement in systems and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all legislative and organizational policies and procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety and Food Safety requirements
- Completion of other responsibilities as assigned
- Communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Supervisory and leadership (including coaching and training) skills
- Knowledge of quality control procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn in-house software programs
- Occupational Health and Safety training is an asset
- Food Safety training is an asset
- First Aid certification is an asset
- Forklift certification is an asset
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset
Work is conducted indoors and outdoors at a fruit processing plant environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. This position is seasonal. Plant operating hours are dependent on crop, production, and shipping needs, with extended hours and seven-day-a-week operations typical, with extremely limited days off through peak months (i.e. June through September).
Previous agriculture, warehouse, and/or packing facility experience is an asset.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.