Status: Hourly, Full-time, Seasonal Company: CFP (Consolidated Fruit Packers) Ltd.
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Reporting to: Packinghouse Manager
At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce Ltd., Star Produce US LP, CFP, Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
CFP’s Osoyoos packing facilities receive fruit (including cherries, stone fruit, pears, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sort it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Quality control and grower relations during the receiving process are important aspects of ensuring the quality of produce for our customers.
Job Context and Accountabilities
• Working closely with other members of the management team to achieve quality and shipping goals and to maintain safe work operations
• Efficient, clean, organized, and safe supervision of receiving, including;
• Ensure appropriate cooler management, including rotation of fruit as required
• Ensure appropriate bin management, including conducting bin inventory, monitoring bin conditions, and allocating bins among various sites
• Coordinate outbound transportation of bins and fruit
• Participate in monthly inventory process
• Contribute to continuous improvement in systems and procedures
• Ensure compliance with all legislative and organizational policies and procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety and Food Safety requirements
• Completion of other responsibilities as assigned.
• Safety Awareness
• Problem Solving
• Quality Orientation
• Communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
• Supervisory and leadership (including coaching and training) skills
• Knowledge of quality control procedures
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn in-house software programs (including Sky and Aurora)
• Occupational Health and Safety training is an asset
• Food Safety training is an asset
• Level 2 First Aid certification is preferred
• Forklift certification is an asset
• Knowledge of a second language is an asset
• Previous agriculture/horticulture, warehouse, and/or packing facility experience is an asset
Work is conducted indoors and outdoors at a fruit processing plant environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. This position is seasonal. Plant operating hours are dependent on crop, production, and shipping needs, with extended hours and seven-day-a-week operations typical, with extremely limited days off through peak months (i.e. June through October).
• Frequent standing and walking, including climbing stairs
• Frequent sitting on and climbing on and off of forklift, including ability to grasp, manipulate, and move levers, foot pedals, and steering wheel knobs
• Frequent lifting , reaching, pushing, pulling, stacking, and carrying of up to 25 kilograms (50 pounds)
• Quality Control
• Forklift Operator
How to apply
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.