Sanitation / Janitor
Status: Hourly, Full-time and Part-time
Company: CFP (Consolidated Fruit Packers) Ltd.
Location: Osoyoos Packing Facilities
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce, CFP, Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
CFP’s Osoyoos packing facilities receive fruit (including cherries, stone fruit, pears, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sort it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Our sanitation practices are an important part of ensuring the quality of produce for our customers, as well as a safe and healthy environment for our employees.
Job Context and Accountabilities
• Daily cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, office space, and washrooms, by hand, machines, and tools, to ensure food safety standards are met or exceeded
• Perform lockout/tagout procedures to ensure machines are properly shut off and unable to be restarted prior to the completion of maintenance or repair work
• Ensure cleaning chemicals and equipment are used and stored appropriately and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
• Record cleaning activity on specified forms
• Report any maintenance and safety issues to Production Supervisor
• Completion of other responsibilities as assigned members of the management team to achieve quality and shipping goals and to maintain safe work operations
• Attention to Detail
• Quality Orientation
• Safety Awareness
• Communication (verbal, written, listening)
• WHMIS training is an asset
• First Aid training is an asset
• Previous commercial or industrial cleaning experience is an asset
Work is mainly conducted indoors in a fruit processing plant environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. This position may involve shorter shifts (4 – 6 hours in duration) and is required to work evenings/nights and on weekends. Positions are seasonal, with limited days off and extended hours as necessary through peak months (i.e. June through October).
• Frequent standing, walking, kneeling, reaching, stooping, crouching, climbing stairs
• Ability to quickly grasp, manipulate, move, and assemble objects
• Frequent lifting , pushing, pulling, and carrying of up to 25 kilograms (50 pounds)
• Frequent handling and use of cleaning tools and machines
How to apply
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.